Everyone has days when they don’t feel so great about themselves. Maybe you can’t stop thinking about why you didn’t get that promotion, or about that time that you got turned down for a date.
As your partner in natural health, we want you to know that it’s entirely normal to have ups and downs when it comes to how you’re feeling about yourself. The important thing is recognizing when you’re in a funk, and taking steps to pull yourself out of it.
Here are things you can try to boost your self-esteem when it starts to dip.
1. Spend time with people who make you feel good about yourself.
2. Do something that makes you feel accomplished, like learning a new skill or hobby.
3. Help someone else. Doing something nice for someone else can make you feel good about yourself, too.
4. Give yourself some credit. Don’t be so hard on yourself! Acknowledge your accomplishments, no matter how big or small.
5. Get active. Exercise releases endorphins, which have mood-boosting properties.
6. Dress to feel good about yourself. Wear clothes that make you feel comfortable and confident.
7. Practice positive self-talk. Replace negative thoughts with positive ones. For example, instead of saying “I don’t like the way my body looks,” try “I’m working on taking care of my body by eating healthy and exercising.”
Boosting your self-esteem can take time and effort, but it’s worth it. Having a positive opinion of yourself can lead to better mental and overall health.