Whether you’re dealing with new knee pain or an ache that’s been bothering your stride for years, one thing is certain—problems in the knee can affect your entire life. Sound familiar?
Getting to the bottom of what’s causing your knee pain or what may have contributed to it in the first place is the first step toward improving your health.
Here are five common factors of knee pain:
1. Gender. Did you know that more women than men develop knee problems? One of the reasons for this is that females generally have wider hips than males.
2. Age. Our knees help to hold us upright from the moment we learn to walk. Over the years, it’s no surprise that our joints may degrade.
3. Weight. Carrying excessive weight can have a major impact on your knees.
4. Overexertion. While exercise is typically good for our bodies, it can be overdone. This can result in painful injuries, especially to the knee.
5. Tobacco use. Did you know that smoking has been linked to musculoskeletal issues?
Dealing with knee pain? Give us a call.