Putting Out the Inflammation Fire
Reducing Chronic Inflammation on your own is difficult but not impossible.
Try these 7 steps to reduce inflammation and the pain it causes:
1. Avoid highly processed foods.
2. Eliminate added sugars and syrups from your diet.
3. Eat the rainbow - Every day eat around 9 servings of fruits and vegetables that are a mix of orange-red, yellow, green and purple- blue.
4. Eat good for you fats - extra virgin olive oil and omega 3, 7, and 9 fatty acids. Omega 3 is found in fish and walnuts, Omega 7 is found in salmon, olives, anchovies, macadamia and sea buck-thorn oils and Omega 9 is in olives, cashews, almond, avocado, walnuts, and peanut oils.
5. Choose only 100 percent whole grains.
6. Eat high quality protein including legumes and brown rice, salmon and ocean trout, and non-fat dairy. Avoid red and processed meats.
7. Limit alcohol intake to one drink a day for women and two a day for men.
Additional ways to help with the inflammation are:
- stop smoking and avoid second hand smoke
- get your 10,000 steps per day and 2-3 30 minute strength building sessions a week
- ask your MD about taking 81 mg aspirin twice a day
-meditate for 10 minutes daily
-make sure you get 7 to 8 hours of sleep nightly